In Owl class we love to learn whilst having fun at the same time. We focus our lessons and targets using our White Ash curriculum and each child has a set of child specific ILP (Individual Learning Plan) targets that they work towards each term. We use a holistic communication approach for all our children and use speech, signs, symbols and PECs books to communicate and allow our pupils to communicate with us.
Children within class access a range of interventions and activities, some of which include:
Meet the team
Class Teacher - Danielle Jolley
HTLA - Nadine R
TA3 - Donna H
TA's - Zoe A, Nicole J & Lauren W
Welfare - Simone K
Long Term Plan 2022-23
Autumn Term Key Dates & Events
ASD Swimming - Tuesday AM
Trampolining ASC - Tuesday PM
LoTC - Wednesday AM
Swimming - Thursday AM
ASC - Thursday PM
Monday 21st November
PE Multi-skills - Monday 28th November
Owl Class 2022-2023
Our Class Topics
Autumn 1 - The Great Fire of London
Autumn 2 -
Spring 1 -
Spring 2 -
Summer 1 -
Summer 2 -
Class 7: 2021-2022
Our Summer 2 topic - 'The 7 Continents'
Our Summer 1 topic - 'Ancient Maya Civilisation'
• To explore where and when the remains of the Mayan ruins were discovered.
• To find out about how the Mayan civilisation developed over time.
• To find out about Mayan religion and beliefs
• To find out about everyday life for the Mayan people
• To explore Mayan writing and calendars
• To find out about the decline of the Mayan civilisation
Our Spring 2 topic - 'Ancient Egyptians'
• To place key events from the ancient Egyptian period on a timeline
• To locate & find out where Egypt is
• To find out about the pyramids of ancient Egypt
• To explore geographical features of Egypt
• To explore and create Egyptian resources
• To read books related to Ancient Egypt
• To bake an Egyptian food & learn about their diet
Our Spring 1 topic - 'Asia - Japan'
Our Autumn 2 topic - 'Kings, Queens & Castles'
Our Autumn 1 topic - 'Communication Then & Now'