What is Cultural Capital?
Cultural capital is the essential knowledge that children need to prepare them for their future success. It is about giving children the best possible start to their early education.
In Early Years, we provide our children with rich and meaningful opportunities to develop their cultural capital. We do this by...
- providing a language rich environment
- playing, sharing and turn taking
- being next to our friends and others
- celebrating our achievements
- walks in the community
- engaging in role play
- provoking awe and wonder through music, art, poetry and rhyme
- exploring the seasons and weather