At White Ash Primary School, we aim to meet the needs of the ‘Whole Child’.
The curriculum at White Ash Primary School has been developed to provide our children with skills, knowledge and understanding necessary to be able to make informed choices about the important things in their life.
We believe that outstanding teaching, leads to an enjoyment of learning and happy and rewarding lives.
At White Ash Primary School every child, regardless of race, gender or disability, is entitled to a broad, balanced and creative curriculum which:
- is relevant and suitably challenging for all pupils,
- provides a calm, quiet and effective working environment whenever possible to, in which each pupil can achieve their maximum potential.
- equips pupils with useful, practical and transferable key skills, preparing them for life beyond school,
- develops independence skills at all levels of development, in order that pupils have control over their lives and are able to make decisions,
- values and celebrates pupils’ success and achievements,
- develops confidence, curiosity, problem solving and thinking skills,
- ensures that every learner can make a positive contribution in an environment in which they feel safe and valued,
- ensures that at all stages of development learning should be structured and a stimulating, enjoyable, worthwhile experience in its own right,
- promotes the spiritual, moral, cultural, mental and physical development of our pupils,
- meets the statutory requirements of the Early Years Framework and the National Curriculum in England, whilst ensuring personalised, differentiated learning for every child.
What does your child learn at school each day? Find information about our curriculum subjects here.